Three Vessels, 2005
Acrylic on panel
15 x 12 in
Born in Kansas City, Mo. 1952, married to Lora Sager
* 1970- Graduated from high school at Willow Glen H.S., San Jose, Ca.
* 1978- received his undergraduate BS Art ed. degree from Appalachian State University in printmaking and drawing.
* Received M.F.A. in printmaking and drawing from Clemson University in 1984
* Studied at the Charles Daniel Center For Urban Planning known as "the Villa" in Genoa, Italy first semester of 1983, as part of the Clemson MFA program.
* Currently teaching visual arts at Sevier Middle School in Greenville County, S.C.
* Taught one semester at Clemson’s Genoa Italy Campus in Italy spring of 1985
* Taught art in the public schools since 1979
* Taught printmaking and drawing classes at the Greenville County Museum of Art
* Taught in the Fine Arts Center’s Summer Explore the Arts Program for seven years.
* Taught printmaking independently to area artists and teachers in personal studio.
* Printmaking instructor with the South Carolina Governor's School for the Arts and Humanities Teacher's Institute/ Summer 2005
* Worked on two projects with Christo and Jean Claude: Oct. of 1978 Wrapped Walkways, Kansas City, MO. and in the spring of 1983 Surrounded Islands, Key Biscayne, Fla.
* Art works published in two books: Simple Printmaking by Gwen Diehn; Lark Books 2000
* Closet Drama, cover for a book of poetry by Kandie St. Germain published by Bear Star Press 2001.
* Artwork accepted in the 2007 Kakalak Poetry, Charlotte, NC.
Workshops/ open studio:
* Presented numerous printmaking workshops for Upstate Visual Artists, Converse College, Brevard College, and the School District of Greenville County.
* Participated in Greenville Open Studios 2002-06
*2007- June, Art Current Group Exhibit
*2007 30th Annual Juried Art Exhibit, Pickens County Museum of Art
*2007 March, Upstate Visual Arts Group Show
*2006- Nov."Brothers In Art" Exhibition with my brother, Jeffery Chapp at the Pickens County Museum of Art.
*2006-Feb. "Conflict and Resolution" a solo exhibit of prints, oil pastels and acrylic paintings at the Conn Gallery, Landrum, SC.
*2006- South Carolina Birds; a traveling exhibit currated by Wim Roefs at the City Gallery, Charleston, SC,
*2005 -Upstate Visual Artists (UVA) Art In The Park merit award
*2005- Artisphere Arts Festival, Invitational artist, Greenville, S.C.
*2004- South Carolina Birds Exhibit; Currated by Wim Roefs shown at the Sumter SC. Gallery of Art, and the Burroughs-Chapin Art Museum in Myrtle Beach , SC.
*2003-received purchase award for Intaglio print "Shadows at Bend" in Pickens County Museum's S.C. Juried Art Exhibition.
*2002- received Best of Show Art in the Park $1000. award
*2002- Open Studio Artists exhibit Greenville County Museum of Art
*2001- received $500. merit award from the UVA Art in the Park
*2000- selected for the UVA , Art in the Park exhibit
*2000- Faces of the Upstate, People and Landscapes of Upstate S.C., Furman University; Sponsored by the S.C. Arts Commission. “Views From the Edge.”
*1998- Red Door Gallery , Anderson, SC
*1994- Art at The Power House National Courage Exhibition, Cleveland, Ohio 2nd Place and monetary award.
*1993- Hands at Work: a Celebration of American Book Crafts, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa.
*1991- This Years Model, Greenville County Museum of Art
*1989- Clemson University MFA Gallery, Alumni Exhibit
*1989- American Relief Prints: A Selection Exhibit, Three Rivers Arts Festival, Pittsburgh, Pa.
Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, Va., Charlotte, NC branch; 3 works at Pickens County Museum of Art; Fine Arts Center, Greenville, SC.; AnMed Health Campus, Anderson SC., Clemson University Dept. Of Art, and numerous independent collectors.